Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Child Birth Class with Rome Kanapi

This is my first pregnancy and I am now on my 6th month. As a first time parent, I knew nothing about going through labor and delivery, but my husband and I did some research.

Ever since I met my husband, he is always with me wherever I go. He is like my personal bodyguard. He never allows me to go to the mall or some place else alone. We always make a deal, either he will come with me or I will bring my mom or my sister with me. I am SO lucky to have a protective and supportive husband.

That's why now I am afraid to go to the labor room alone. Being with myself this time is frightening for me, although I can be with my husband during delivery. That's why we decided to attend a child birth class.

At first, we were confused between Rome Kanapi and Chiqui Brosas. They are both certified child birth instructors here in the Philippines. But since we already met Ms. Rome Kanapi from the past events that we attended, we decided to attend her class and confirm our slot on Nov. 3.

Here are our scheduled class details:

* It was a 6 day class (3 saturday afternoon class and 3 sunday morning class)
*Located at Ateneo University, Katipunan ave., Quezon City
*The total cost per couple was Php4,500
*We need to bring a yoga mat, throw pillow, food, water and wear comfortable clothes
*We also have to make a one week diary of all our food intake 

Class Outline:

Day 1: Introduction to Prepared Child Birth Class
Day 2: Signs of True Labor
Day 3: Phase 3 Transition
Day 4: Stage 2 Delivery of the Baby
Day 5: Medications in Child Birth
Day 6: Breastfeeding, Diapering, Cord Care and Bathing


Photo courtesy of Ms. Rome Kanapi
Photo courtesy of Ms. Rome Kanapi
Photo courtesy of Ms. Rome Kanapi
Our class picture! :)

We are from Cavite and driving from here to there was almost a 2-hour drive. Travelling in my condition was really hard because I always needed to pee. Our effort and time was really worth it because my husband and I learned a lot from this class and I had a blast meeting new moms and hearing all their wonderful stories about their pregnancy.


For further details please contact Ms. Rome Kanapi.
Tel no.: 436-1757
Cellphone no.: 0917-5415114

Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment