Saturday, December 8, 2012

My Journey Through Pregnancy


The day that I found out I'm pregnant, I was thrilled and excited. A new chapter of my life has started. Thinking I am gonna be a mom soon, "Oh no, I can't go clubbing and drinking cocktails anymore". : ) But at the back of my mind, I thought, being a mom is a blessing. I will do my best and give all that I have.



Dra. Rhodora Del Rosario-Bustos of Makati Medical Center was my OB for the last 2 years. I am comfortable with her because she doesn't only treat me as a patient but as a friend /daughter as well. 

My first pre-natal check up was during my 6th week of pregnancy. She told me all the do's and don'ts and all the foods I have to avoid.
    
At my 23 weeks I was up for CAS or Congenital Anomaly Scan with my OB. That was the moment when I realized all the hard work that I've done really paid off, when I saw my baby for the first time.

My 8th month of pregnancy with my very handsome and very supportive husband : ) 

My husband is my therapist, my yoga instructor and my bodyguard during my pregnancy. He supports me every time I'm in pain and he is also the reason why I didn't gain much weight during my pregnancy. He always watches the food that I eat especially sweets. For me it's a sweet and thoughtful thing because he doesn't want me and our baby to suffer when it's time for delivery. It's hard especially when we go to the mall and see all the sweets I want to eat. But sometimes he gives me a cheat day and I can only eat a small a portion.

I'm not a fan of third trimester! This is the stage where I felt most tired and exhausted because of all the weight I'm carrying, and all the walking. I experienced a lot of back pains, headaches, and leg cramps. 
  
I will be giving birth soon at Makati Medical Center with my baby boy. Hoping for a safe delivery.

Can you also share your pregnancy stories on the comment box below? I would love to hear from you!

Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment